Monday, January 19, 2009

Our 10 Year Anniversary Celebrated in Hawaii

Adam loves the outdoors and did not want to miss a thing. So we attempted to hike on the Kalalau trail. We could not do the whole thing because we were scheduled for horseback riding at noon. We managed to get in a couple of miles. Below Adam could not resist taking my picture. Hey you better have an empty bladder before attempting this trail.
The trail was like the rain forest, very wet and slippery. The scenery was absolutely beautiful. It was a challenge. The whole time we were on our hike, I was thanking God for my arms, legs, and movements that allowed me to take in this breathtaking scenery personally. I felt like I had experienced a glimpse of heaven. I was also wondering who out of all my friends could have made this hike. It was a challenge bigger than what I expected, but I'm not a professional hiker so that may make a difference. Believe it or not we even saw people in flip flops. That was crazy. I didn't even have my hiking boots on, but my sketcher's seemed to hold up well.




The trail changed throughout the hike and these are some rocks that we had to hike on while on our journey. I will post several pictures of our hike. It was amazing how different the view was from different angles with each view taking your breath away. The whole experience cannot even be put into words.
















































1 comment:

Reena said...

Happy Anniversary Dawn and Adam!

It looks like an awesome trip! The scenery is stunning!

Best wishes that the next 10 years bring you many more happy memories.

Reena