Tuesday, March 25, 2008

She's officially ours in China




Yesterday we went to the Chinese office of Civil Affairs and officially adopted our daughter. She is ours. I thought I would give you some information on Alexandra. The name given to her was Nan Qi Yu. (Nan is her family name this name probably came from the orphanage, Qi means our well hope to her, and yu means happy). She was born the year of the pig, which is the Chinese Zodiac. The Pig is a fun and enlightening personality blessed with patience and understanding. People born under the sign of the Pig enjoy life and all it has to offer, including family and friends. They are honest and thoughtful and expect the same of other people. Pigs can be perceived as oblivious or gullible because they do care about others so much that they will do just about anything for a friend in need.
I have a lot more to share, but my time is limited because we are going to the store to purchase things we may need for our daughter. We are so much in love with this little, girl and like all of our children, she is something else.

2 comments:

Katja Stahr-Long said...

Yeah!!!! I was so thrilled to see a new blog entry. I literally check this thing several times a day. I am hooked and so excited to hear about your time in China and of course about Alexandra. Congratulations on your Official day of adoption Alexandra! What a story you have and I can already tell from your pictures that you seem to be an easy going, content child. I see from one of the pictures of you playing near mommy that she is already giving you a make up lesson...Ha Ha. Daddy looks so happy and Ashlyn is a beaming big sister again! Can't wait to meet you!

Jeana said...

Congratulations to all of you!!!! She's a cutie for sure!!! Hope your travels are safe, I'll look forward to seeing her on my next trip to Houston!

love,

Jeana