Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm So Proud

This is the Forbidden City. There was a lot of history, and it was beautiful. The Last Emperor was filmed here. The tour took around three hours. There were tourists from all over the world. It was unbelievable. At the bottom, the pictures were of the Great Wall. Ashlyn and Adam did very well, they climbed all of the towers except the very last one because they had run out of time. It was unbelievable how high the wall was and the steps. The steps were all different heights. One minute I barely had to lift my leg and the next I'm having to step almost to my waist. And the most amazing thing was while we were hiking up, there were workers replacing the steps in the process. Here and there. And I saw a few women walking the stairs stiletto heels. A lot of the Asian women wear high heels. And unfortunately I wasn't able to do the whole wall. For some reason I thought the first tower was the top so I was very disappointed when I realized that I was only a fourth of the way up. But you can see from my picture that I am high up.

Well today we are heading out to Guangzhou, and tomorrow we will be getting our daughter. YAY!!!!! No liquids of any kind on carry-ons so lets pray that our luggage arrives safely with us.

I'll post some more later. We are all really enjoying ourselves here and learning about the culture. There is so much to write about. Believe it or not, I am starting to miss American food even though there are American restaurants here.

Oh, and I almost forgot we were able to ride by where the Olympics are going to be held this year.

Pray for our flight to Guangzhou, I heard that it can be rough.






2 comments:

Kim H. said...

Dawn,

It sounds like a fabulous trip with lots of great history! I am so thrilled that you're sharing it with us back at home. I know that you'll really love looking back at this blog when you get home to see all the details. I can't wait to see you guys with the new little one!! Happy Easter!!

Katja Stahr-Long said...

I am so proud of you and your family as I read your blog and see your pictures. It is just amazing to follow your journey. Thank you!