Sunday, March 23, 2008

Gotcha Day!!!

Today is the day. We will be leaving to get Alexandra at 3 pm. It's so hard to believe that I will be getting my baby today.

We are staying at the famous White Swan Hotel. This is where most of the parents who are adopting babies from China stay. It is a very beautiful hotel and every room has a baby bed in it. Thank God we are all in the same situation because I have a feeling that when night comes the halls will be filled with the sounds of crying babies. Maybe by some miracle we will be the exception.

At breakfast this morning we were surrounded by couples everywhere with little Asian babies, and some had older Asian siblings with them as well. They obviously had decided to come back to adopt another child again. Each table had a baby seat. It was amazing to see.

Well I am hoping for the best, and realizing that my child has probably never been outside of the orphanage nor has she probably seen an American face before (they refer to us as people with big noses), so I'm praying that the experience isn't too traumatic for her or myself for that reason. Anyone who knows me very well knows that I am a very emotional person. So I'm praying that when the time comes that I won't fall apart from a mixture of feelings.

So the next time I post on my blog there should be pictures of our baby girl.

Pray for a smooth transition, and for my patience, because the waiting is the hardest part, even if it's only for a few more hours.

P.S. I forgot to mention that this morning Ashlyn had volunteered to stay up and take care of Alexandra so we could sleep. I love my kids sooo much. They never cease to amaze me.

2 comments:

Katja Stahr-Long said...

As I am leaving my comment on the evening of Easter Sunday, given the time difference, I realize you are now united with your new daughter and have lived your first night together. I trust big sister was a tremendous help to you on your first night. I also trust that your loving husband has been a great rock for you during such an emotional time. I am just so excited, and filled with joy for you and your family and I know Alexandra will grow to adore and love her new family because you all have such big hearts and loving souls to bring her home with you and call her your daughter. Enjoy your time and enjoy all the learning and experiences you are encountering. THis is such an amazing time and a Rebirth for Alexandra. God Bless you on this wonderful day!

Kim H. said...

I think it's great that everyone stays in the same hotel - we had the same experience, and it really was a blessing. The hotels are really good with the needs of the families, and it's comforting to have others around going through the same situation - they certainly are very understanding of the little meltdowns that happen when the babies are in a new environment. It sounds like Ashlyn is really stepping up and is ready to have a little sister...and what an amazing thing to offer to stay up with the baby!!