Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rainy weather in Guangzhou

Okay,

For some crazy reason, I was able to look at my blog tonight and read all the comments. Thanks so much for the added comments. I loved hearing from all of you.

And we are horrible parents, we had this blanket that we paid $11 made for Alexandra with this kind of furry type lining around it so that she wouldn't get the nasty orange padded blanket that's used as a filler in her crib. Anyway, we went walking around the city tonight and when we got back from our nightly walk, I noticed that her little blanket was black from the stroller's tire marks so I washed it and hung it up in the shower. Well tonight is the first night that she has ever cried and threw a fit before going to bed. We thought it was just because she was really tired that she screamed (I guess she knows how to do that now when in major distress) for a while, and finally I told Adam we needed to do something and then after trying to soothe her, he asked me where the blanket was. He gave it to her and like a switch she was completely silent. So first thing tomorrow we are going to have a duplicate one made for her so that she will always have one available. So please keep this in mind if you are ever around this tired little one, she just wants her blankey.

Yesterday, I was in a lot of pain because I think I slept wrong. This had happened only one other time before and that was when I had Ashlyn and I got a really bad crick in my neck. I think it was a pinched nerve. I literally could not turn my head to the side, and the doctor had to prescribe me muscle relaxers and it took two days before I got to move my head. Well I had been saying that I wanted to get a massage. I went and got the best massage on my neck. This guys worked on my neck for a long time (it was kind of gross though because I got hear and feel things moving we're I was having pain - a lot of crackling). There wasn't instant gratification. I felt better, but the next morning I was a new person. I'm just a little sore from the massage, but the range of motion is sooo much better. This was a neck and foot massage that lasted a little over an hour. And brace yourself, this is the best part. It was under $8, and that price included the tip. This was a professional place that had a doctor on staff. My interpreter/guide told the doctor what was wrong with me and then she told guy what to do. I plan on going back tomorrow if Adam lets me get away again.

The last few days have been a little hard because the weather is so much like Houston here. One day it's hot and humid and then the next it's cold and rainy. Yesterday and today it was cold and rainy so I feel like I'm under house arrest. Not to mention I'm really missing my boys. We had a tour scheduled today, but couldn't do it because of the weather. We started out, but after a few minutes, we had to head back to the bus because of the rain. And unfortunately, I think it is going to rain almost every day. The tours that we have scheduled are nice because it gives us something to do and it allows us to get out of the hotel for a while. Plus with the rain, I haven't been able to go walking around the island during the day. I think I will be coming back to the states with a bigger butt. I was hoping it would be the opposite, but three weeks of hardly any exercise bites.

1 comment:

Katja Stahr-Long said...

8 bucks!! Girl you better get one of those every day! I am glad you got relief. I have been batteling a back thing too. It isn't fun. I feel your pain. I just love your pictures and stories. Alexandra and her blankey is amazing. Definitely a spare would help. I bet you guys are getting tired of hotel life and ready to get into your own beds and showers and hug those boys of yours. Your time will come and you will have such an amazing journey to look back on and share with them all. Hugs & kisses to you all with Much love, Katja